Friday, August 15, 2008

Yay:)

Cleaning week is over. I am so happy about that, I could cry.
My husband is phenomenal. He helped so much today, he painted and shopped for us at work and saved us all an enormous amount of time. There are many people who have made this week a heck of a lot easier, and to them, I am so very grateful. They helped when they weren't even obligated.

Now, a note about my dog Winnie, just because I feel like it, and she is currently pacing around our basement as I write and watch the Olympics with Wolfy.
Winnie is the most ridiculous dog I have ever known, which fits with Wolf and I, because we are very "special" too.I can only imagine what our children will be like.
Winnie, is a  German Shepherd.  Scary right? In the words of Dwight, "false". She is afraid of everything...literally. She is afraid of boxes that she has not seen before, yes cardboard ones, her tail, cats, and vacuum cleaners. She values ice cubes over any other treat and will come skidding into the kitchen whenever she hears the freezer door open in hopes that a stray cube will magically rain down upon her. She is only like 60 pounds, at most, and is about 5 feet fall on her hind legs. She looks like we starve her, we don't and there is nothing wrong with her physically, the only explanation is that she is so hyper and neurotic that she burns off her calories as soon as she eats them. She likes to eat in the dining room, so she takes her food pebbles into the carpeted dining room and drops them onto the floor, and eats them one at a time. OCD? She spins in a circle about 4 times before she lays down, and she likes to be as close to us as is physically possible. She does sound scary when she barks, so she is a good little guard dog,and when we go for walks  people stay away because they think she is a normal German Shepherd.
Her latest obsession is light hunting. She looks for any reflection she can find, and will chase it, bark at it, and try to bite it. She has bitten the wall several times, which means that she bumps her face and nose frequently, but appears un-phased and focused on her prey.
I love her a lot, because and in spite of her unique qualities, I am glad that she is a cuddly dog and that she can appear frightening when I am home alone. 
I just wish she didn't shed and did not ruin all of the white carpeting in our home with mud and pee-walking.
That is all. Happy Weekend!

Maybe one day I will write a note about Shane our dog trainer, but I don't know if words could possibly suffice.

2 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

My mom's dog does that with the dog food too. What the heck, it's not like we take our food over onto the floor to eat it. Where do they learn these things?

Mary said...

maybe they just want to feel like people and eat in the dining room too!