Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back Home

We are home from California, and we had a great trip! I don't enjoy airplane rides though. Too small of a space even for people as short as I am. We went out there for Wolf's dad's 60th surprise party.

Highlights from the trip:
Wolf's dad being genuinely surprised and happy to see us all.
Wolf's Aunt and Uncle trying hide from Wolf's dad by hiding behind a newspaper and ducking low in their seats...directly in front of the restaurant.
Wolf's Aunt and Uncle speaking yiddish.
Joey-the cuddliest Golden Retriever on the planet.
Watching Wolf and his brother Jason interact.
Floating in an edgeless pool that that overlooks Sacremento.
The airlines did NOT lose our luggage.
Meeting a woman that sounds exactly like the woman from the Seinfeld episode who says "I had pony! he was a beautiful pony and I loved him!"
Funny discoveries, not as funny to Wolf and Jason.
Getting a break from work.

Un-highlights
Being asked about 55 times if I am pregnant (45 of those times was from Jason)
Smelly person on the plane
Not sleeping very much
Creepy Carlos
Seeing very yummy and food and not feeling well enough to eat it.

It was so hard to go back to work today, I hope I adjust quickly.

2 comments:

amyB said...

Are you pregnant?

:)

Also...umm.. wasn't JOB a golden retriever? I think HE was the cuddliest/best GR EVER!

And, I agree... smelly people on the plane are very bad. VERY bad.

Glad your back! I want to play with you soon!

Randy and Terry said...

Welcome home!! I missed you.