Monday, September 8, 2008

Thing's I say all day Long

Firstly, I would like to clarify that the reason the hallway is white in the first picture and then blue in the picture with the hole is be because...
The blue color is the basement color, and the first half of the stairway is white, the second is blue. Right as it turned the corner to the second half, is where the lovely hole excitement occurred.

Ok, now for the main topic...
I work as a daycare teacher, therefore, the phrases that come out of my mouth all the day long, would not be very socially acceptable if I worked in an adult environment. You Mom's and teacher's out there will probably hear me loud and clear. I also find that I repeat myself, usually about 8 or 9 times per minute sometimes, and at the end of the day, I really am just tired of speaking.I admit that I often find myself speaking to Winnie and the kids at work the same way,and sometimes use the same phrases. I suppose this is what is to be expected when being around 7 or 8 toddlers for 8 hours of the day.

I thought it might be fun to list some of these phrases:

" We don't bite our friends!"
"Feet on the floor!"
"All done??"
"Take the car our of your mouth!"
"We don't put toys in our mouth"
"Shhhhh, no screaming inside!"
"Billy" don't sit on "Sally's face!"
"You're Ok!"
"Are you Poopy?"
"No!"
"Off the table!!!"
"Don't eat your friends shoes"
"Out of the trash!"
"Yay!!"
How could I forget this oldie but goodie."Take your fingers out of your nose!"

Kids are so funny and so smart. Today, one of my girls was sitting next to her friend at snack, this particular friend likes to steal snacks from the children within his grasp. First, the little girl was trying to feed him her crackers, she would throw them on the floor near his chair, and then he would reach down and pick them up. I caught them when he had collected 4 crackers but had not managed to eat one yet. Then, she decided to try pretend to give him her crackers, and he would get his fingers on it, and then she would pull it away, eat it herself and laugh! These kids are only 18 months old, but they are so tricky already.

Today, I was slapped, kicked, drooled upon, sneezed upon, almost bitten and had some lovely screeching in my ear. All in a days work! Can't say my job is boring.

4 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

On more than one occasion I have said the following,

"Stop licking the kitchen floor!"
"Why are you naked?"
"Do NOT put your hands in there!"
"It's not nice to sit on your sister's head."

Randy and Terry said...

Ahhh, the joys of children. And thanks for the wall color clarification, it was bugging the heck out of me! :)

Also, thanks for the comment on my blog. It's nice to know I'm remembered once in awhile. You guys will always be special to me.

Alyssa said...

Your day sounds just like mine, except I have less children than you ...but I work 24/7.

Does that even out somehow?? :-)

meg said...

Oh the days of Children's Manor...

My most favorite thing that I heard and had to respond to at least 5 times daily:

:(in whiny, toddler voice)
"Ms. Meghan!! Tyler say no to me!!!"

This still makes me laugh.