Monday, September 22, 2008

Poor Fluffy

So, in my classroom we have a class pet. His name is Fluffy (I named him), and he is a Russian Tortoise. Every day we take him out and put him on a small table covered by a plastic table cloth where the kids can see him, and we feed him his lettuce. The kids are not allowed to touch Fluffy or his table cloth, they have to watch with their eyeballs.
"C" likes to push limits, she is the same child I mentioned before who was taunting her classmate with her crackers. She kept running over to Fluffy's table and touching the plastic and then watching for my reaction, I told her no and moved her away several times. The last time she grabbed the table cloth and yanked and poor Fluffy went flying through the air and landed upside down on his shell. He was ok, but clearly a bit shook up. Unfortunately, Fluffy is not potty trained. He had peed on his tablecloth and now the pee was dripping from the tablecloth and onto the carpet. I think this is the first time that "C" has ever really and totally understood that she was in trouble. She did not attempt to harass Fluffy today.

Here is a picture of Fluffy the turtle.


No comments: