Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sunshine on a Cloudy day

Today was an extraordinarily frustrating day at work for multiple reasons. I also was just feeling really unusually tired which was not helpful. Do you know some days where your tolerance starts at a very low number and so you run out of patience and kindness really early in the day?? This was my experience today. By 3 today, my nerves were more raw than I can remember them being in a very long time. I felt that at any moment I might just literally explode into five kazzilion pieces and have some sort of conniption. I was not smiling, I was not being patient with the 8 banshee's and I certainly was not going out of my way to help or love others.
I left late and was fuming and whining to myself and then I got to my car and there was something on my windshield. It was a note from my friend and co-worker Chelsey. She wrote me a quick and very sweet note when she got to work, and before she even knew I was in an "Ogeresque" (I made that word up just now!) type mood.
This made me smile and definitely set me in a much better mood for the rest of my evening.
I just love how God uses people in our lives to do the smallest thing that can change our whole mood or perspective. I hope that I can be better at seeing those opportunities when He wants me to do that for someone else. I think most of the time we may not ever know the extent to which we have been used by God to bless someone else. It doesn't take much, I need to remember that. I also want to be more conscious of how the opposite can occur as well. Grumpy attitudes are infectious, and I do not want to spread my foul moods to others. I find that I zone in on myself and in the moment I don't think about or care about how my mood is bringing down those who are around me.

Summation: Love God, therefore love those around me, be thankful for sunshine, get over self.

Ogeresque- grumpy, rude, behaving like a big ugly Oger. or in toddler terms; a "poopyhead"

4 comments:

Erin said...

You didn't seem ogeresque when I saw you tonight!!!

God uses you to brighten my day almost everyday!!! Love you!!!

Emily said...

I used you as an example to one of my roommates last night of someone who is always doing things to brighten people's days and who God works through and speaks to about how to encourage others.

i am soooo grateful for how much you do that for me and how you inspire me to do it for others!!! praying tomorrow is better. you are beautifuuullllll and we are molded on poopy days.

misssss youuuuu!

StarMesa said...

I love you Mary! :)

Chelseyy said...

I love you so much mary! Everyday that i see you just brightens the whole day up!!! I am so blessed to have u apart of my life! And i have no idea what i would do without you at work!