Monday, October 6, 2008

Ms. Mary has a Mommy and Daddy!

So today my parents came to see where I work and then we went to lunch. It was so funny. They have never been there before so I was really excited to have them come and see what I actually do all day. I felt like a little kid myself, when you are so excited for your parents to come for show and tell or something. At moments it almost felt as if I was sitting in on a parent-teacher conference while staff members talked to my parents about me as if I was not standing right in front of them.

Most of my kids were in awe that I actually had parents. One of them got it, my little "who". She kept saying over and over, even after we walked out of the room "thats Ms. Mary's mommy and daddy!!"
It was a lot of fun and we had a lovely time at the Double T afterwards.

In other kid news, there is a plague going through my classroom. It is called "I lovetopullmypantsdownallthetimeandputmyhandsinmydiaper". I don't enjoy this stripping stage or the attempts at touching the poo. About a year ago, this one particular child was infected with this plague. One day she came up to the teacher I was working with, and the teacher said" Sally, how did you get chocolate all over your face??!!" nope. that was not in fact chocolate. Not even close.
It is extremely difficult to keep track of 8 toddlers diapers who have not even heard the word "potty train". Sometimes parents get frustrated that we keeping asking them to bring them more diapers because they can't imagine how their child could possibly have gone through that whole pack so quickly. I am not hiding them for fun! If your child would not poo right after I change their wet diaper, we would not have this problem.

Now that I have just blown your mind with all the potty language(hahaha) I will leave you to your ponderings, or poonderings.
(this is what happens to your brain in my profession!)

2 comments:

amyB said...

Aww! Mary! Your parents visited? Gosh I miss them alot!!!

mayr said...

poonderings. hahahaha. aw, i miss you!