Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is anybody out there?

If you are reading this, you are truly loyal. It has almost been a year...wow.
Rex is one, he is talking up a storm and crawling everywhere and is SUCH a character! He is such a fun little man and brings us so much joy it's hard to describe.
I have been motivated to blog because I am in a very similar place than I was two years ago exactly, and I am sifting through my thoughts. Two years ago, I had surgery and was told I needed to try and have a baby and if I was unsuccessful within 8 months, I needed to be put back into artificial menopause. That's how my amazing little Rex came to be!
I am now a week away from my 5th laparoscopy and my brain is all over the place, so I need to refocus. I am battling feelings of sadness and frustration and simply being overwhelmed. While I am basically a pro at this surgery by now, it's a whole different thing now that I have a little boy in the picture.
What I know is this, God is good. In the 7 years that I have been battling Endometriosis, I have never been through a desert time that God has not brought me through. He hasn't only brought through, but he's grown me in that time and He's blessed me with a husband, and son through those times. So why is that I can still find space to whine and complain? I have been though it, and God has not failed me yet. His ways are not my ways, I dont always understand, but I dont need to. My faith has grown through all this, and I know it will continue to do so if I choose to let God do His work.
I pray that one day my instinct will be to be thankful and praise God, in all and through all things. I want to be a positive person whose faith is not shaken by circumstances on this earth.
My favorite verse ever:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

It's so true. All I have to do, is look around at my family and the incredible friends I am surrounded by. A little pesky disease will not have the power to take away from the overwhelming blessings in my life.

As a treat, since you have been so nice as to read all this, I will share some of Rex's favorite words with you :)

"Booty"- yes i sang "shake shake shake" to him and now hes hooked...
"MO PEAAAAAASE"- give me more food or drink IMMEDIATELY
"Doggie, woof woof"-Grandma taught him that, definitely his favorite things to say.
"Mommy"
"Daddy"
"tanktu"- thank you
"BOP!"- bonk
"poooopy!"
"no"-what fun
"no tank"-no thanks-rare, but a little better than no.
"WHEEEEEEE!"
"Whoah"
"Uh-Oh"-usually preceded by intentionally dropping/throwing something on the floor.

4 comments:

Chelsey Pearce said...

Mary I am praying for you everyday and i love you so very much! You are my ninja and my big sister! and my rex is amazing and he is my pumpkin and growing fast and learning new words everyday!! i am blessed to know you and i know God is watching over you!

amy@flexibledreams said...

I love you a LOT! I am praying for you very specifically this week. I am confident that God WILL carry you through and that you will look back on this time and be in awe of His love and grace.

Erin said...

You are a huge blessing in my life!! I am praying for you and know that anything you need don't hesitate to ask! Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorites too and God will carry you through! I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary!! You have a blog!! So do I! You should keep up posting and I will enjoy reading and comment all the time! Haha...love you! :)